Caramel Soufflé & Apple Ice-Cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- At least 6 hours freezing
- More effort
- Serves 6
Easy soufflé and ice-cream recipes that work so well together, like a caramel apple in dessert form with the hot-and-cold sensation on your tongue. The recipe here uses large ramekins, 200 ml capacity. If yours are normal sized, bake for 13 minutes.
- 500 ml cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 100 ml green apple liqueur, e.g. Apple Sourz
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 can of caramel
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- STEP 1Mix the cream, condensed milk and apple liqueur together and beat until it resembles whipped cream. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- STEP 2Brush the insides of 6 ramekins with melted butter and put in the fridge for 10 minutes. Brush them again with melted butter and dusk with cocoa. Discard remaining butter and cocoa.
- STEP 3Mix together the yolks and caramel until smooth and combined.
- STEP 4Whisk the egg whites until stiff and satiny and fold gently into the caramel/yolk mixture, keeping as much air as possible in the mix.
- STEP 5Pour into the ramekins and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 16 minutes. Serve in the ramekins with the ice-cream.