- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
- 250g minced pork
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- Zest of half a lemon
- Small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 3 anchovies in salt (rinsed) or oil, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g tomato passata
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chicken stock cube
- STEP 1Mix together the pork, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, half the basil, anchovies, onion and egg. Roll into meatballs (3-4 cm across). Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the meatballs on a medium heat until brown, turning frequently.
- STEP 2Add the garlic and cook for a further two minutes. Then add the passata, the stock cube and the rest of the basil and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for at least 30 mins.
- STEP 3Serve over pasta.