Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Super Gooey Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cookies
Delicious cookies with a soft centre.. simple recipe loved by many
- 225 g of Margarine
- 170 g of Soft Brown Sugar
- 340 g of Plain Flour
- 100g of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbsp of Golden Syrup
- 4 Tbsp of Milk
- STEP 1Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy
- STEP 2Add the Golden Syrup, Milk and Chocolate Chips and mix (it may look a bit like scrambled eggs, but as long as they are mixed evenly it will work out well)
- STEP 3Add the flour slowly and mix until the whole mixture is even
- STEP 4It should be medium in consistency.. not too runny and not too thick. Add more flour/milk to even out if needed.
- STEP 5Spoon out onto two greased baking trays to make about 10 large cookies (don't worry about the shape of the cookies.. they will all end up the same)
- STEP 6Put the trays into a pre-heated oven of gas mark 5/170C/ fan 150C
- STEP 7Keep an eye on the cookies and after about 10 minutes they should start to brown up.. when they are a browny-golden colour take out and allow to slightly cool. The cookies are best eaten when warm because the slightly un-baked centre will warm up and create the 'gooey' part.
- STEP 8Just pop into the microwave for about 30 seconds to re-warm and they have the same effect!