Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Manipuri Spicy Chicken Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
A spicy chicken curry from the North-Eastern part of India.
- 1.8 lbs Chicken, cut into medium sized pieces
- 6 medium size Onions, ground to a fine paste
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground Green Chilli paste
- 1-1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2/3 cup Mustard or Vegetable oil
- 1 or little more cup Water
- 1/2 cup fresh Coriander leaves, chopped
- STEP 1Put the chicken pieces in a bowl. Add onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli paste, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder, salt and oil. Marinate and mix with your hand for 45 mins.
- STEP 2Heat 1-1/2 Tbsp Oil in a large wok or pan. Add the marinated chicken into it, mix in properly. Cover and let it simmer, with occasional stirring.
- STEP 3After 30-40 mins, remove from heat when cooked properly. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice or Indian flat bread (roti, naan).