Member recipe by laverne
- 3 tins chopped tomatoes
- 6 tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbls dried oregano
- 1 tsp anchovy essence
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper
- Put all ingredients into a large microwaveable dish and mix well.
- Cover with cling film and pierce several times.
- Microwave on high for 25 mins.
- Blitz with hand blender (leave unblitzed if desired).
- Use as tomato base for pizza or pasta. I like to fry diced chorizo/peppered salami, add tomato sauce, black olives and fresh basil for a tasty pasta sauce. Add a little creme fraiche or mascapone for a creamier sauce. Add your own favourite ingredients..... be creative!
- You can store this in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days, alternatively the sauce could be stored for longer in sterilised jars.