Zingy Lime Drizzle
Member recipe by lavenderuk
If you fancy a change from the traditional Lemon Drizzle, this recipe is easy and fast. Try Jasmine Tea with a slice of Lime Drizzle to give a touch of Oriental.
- 225g Butter (salted) - softened
- 225g Golden Caster Sugar
- 225g Self-raising Flour
- 4 eggs
- Grated zest of 1 1/2 Lime
- For the Drizzle:
- Grated Zest of 1 1/2 Lime
- 85g Golden Caster Sugar
- 6 tbsp of Lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C/fan. Line tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Mix the butter with sugar until creamy and slightly pale. Add the grated lime zest and eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and mix well. Pour mixture into tin and cook for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Heat sugar, lime juice and zest in moderate heat (do not boil)
- Remove cake from oven. Prick the cake with a skewer and pour the drizzle mixture onto cake. Leave cake to cool and serve.