Cranberry, cinnamon and orange scones
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
- 250g self raising flour
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- Half a teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 55g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 75g dried cranberries
- The zest of 1 orange
- 150ml milk
- STEP 1Put the oven on 180c. Rub the butter into the flour, baking powder and cinnamon until you have breadcrumb consistency.
- STEP 2Add the sugar, cranberries and orange zest and mix.
- STEP 3Add the milk, a little at a time, until you have a soft dough.
- STEP 4Roll out on a floured work surface to approximately 1" thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 12 scones. Glaze with a little milk and bake in the hot oven for 10 - 12 minutes.