Cheesy Mushrooms on Toast
Member recipe by lauren499
- 1 Generous Knob of Butter
- 150g Button Mushrooms
- 2-3tbsp Creme Fraiche (or double cream)
- 25g Blue Cheese (I used Danish Blue but Stilton or Gorgonzola works just as well)
- 4 slices of granary bread
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have softened slightly, add some seasoning (if wanted) and the Creme Fraiche.
- Once the Creme Fraiche has loosened, add in the cheese and stir.
- Whilst the cheese is melting, toast the bread. When the bread is toasted, cut into halves and pour the mushroom mixture over the top. Eat straight away.