Butternut and Macadamia Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 Tablespoon macadamia or olive oil.
- Half cup roughly chopped macadamias.
- 1 Small onion.
- 1 Teaspoon grated ginger.
- 3 Cups diced butternut.
- 1 Apple chopped.
- Half cup plain yoghurt.
Whole or halved macadamias roasted for garnish.
- Whole or halved macadamias roasted for garnish.
- STEP 1Heat oil in heavy based pan; add the macadamias, onion and ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown
- STEP 2Add the butternut and apple and cook for 2-3 minutes and then pour over the stock
- STEP 3Cover and simmer until butternut is soft
- STEP 4Transfer mixture to a blender and process until smooth
- STEP 5Serve with a swirl of yoghurt and a few roasted macadamias for garnish