Salmon and Spinach Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- 350g/12oz Salmon fillet
- 450g/1lb fresh spinach, washed
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- STEP 1Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pan and fry seasoned salmon fillet skin side down to begin. Watch carefully and when the fish has cooked up to almost halfway up the side edge, turn over and cook the other side for around 2 minutes, depending on thickness. tHis ensures perfectly cooked, moist fish. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- STEP 2Add remaining oil to another pan and add spinach. Lightly wilt, then season and add toasted pine nuts. Place in a large shallow bowl. Peel the skin away from the salmon fillet and break the flesh into a large chunks. Add to spinach and gently toss. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.