Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Stuffed chicken breast
- Preparation and cooking time
- It is a good idea to do this and hour or so in advance to avoid rushing. If so ,ignore the preheat the oven step, but if you would like not to do this in advance the ignore the refrigerate step.
- Serves 4
This easy spinach stuffed chicken breast is perfect for a simple dinner party or dinner.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet of spinach from your local supermarket
- 250g cream cheese (eg. philadelphia)
- 8 rashers of bacon or pancetta
- garlic infused oil
- 4 wooden skewers
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 6(180-200).lay the four chicken breasts on a sheet of clingfilm and cover with another sheet.Then bash the breasts with a rolling pin to flatten.
- STEP 2Once flat leave to rest while you prepare the spinach and cream cheese filling.Heat the spinach in a large pan and drizzle with the garlic oil.Once wilted, place in a bowl and add the cream cheese.mix well until combined.
- STEP 3Now to assemble- lay out a sheet of clingfilm and line with 2 rashers of your pancetta or bacon.Lay a chicken breast onto it so that the long ends of the breast are on top of the long ends of the rashers.Spoon on a dollop of the spinach mixture into the center.
- STEP 4Take one of the ends of the clingfilm that has a long end of the chicken and roll it up to roll the chicken.Roll it up and the twist the ends very tightly to make a neat cylinder shape.Repeat this step for each breast and chill in the fridge.
- STEP 5Unroll the chicken breasts one by one and break a skewer in half and use it to poke through the ends to hold the breast together and stop the filling from leaking through too much.
- STEP 6Cook for 30 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear but be aware of overcooking as the filling will solidify otherwise. once cooked, leave for five minutes before removing the skewers and cutting the chicken diagonally to serve. This recipe is perfect with Azara's sauteed potatoes.