Sherry and Garlic Mushrooms
Member recipe by lanapolitana
- 3-4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. small mushrooms, whole
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Be sure the mushrooms are completely dry. Add the mushrooms and saute undisturbed (do not stir) until the liquid released by the mushrooms evaporates and they turn golden brown, about 5- 8 minutes. Stir and continue to saute until most sides are browned, about 4-5 more minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the minced garlic to the pan. Cook about 30-45 seconds.
- Add the sherry, stir and saute about a minute.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and stir about 30-45 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and top with fresh parsley. Taste and season if needed. Serve warm.