Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Dutch apple cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes One 20cm cake tin
Delicious apple cake with a crispy topping.
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 eating apple
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp demerara sugar
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4/fan 160C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- STEP 2Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- STEP 3Mix the eggs, a little at a time to the margarine and sugar. Sieve in the flour and baking powder.
- STEP 4Spread the mixture into the cake tin.
- STEP 5Core the apple and slice thinly. Arrange the apple slices over the cake mix and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top.
- STEP 6Place in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to the touch.