Prawn & Chorizo Jambalaya
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A tasteful prawns and chorizo Jambalaya with a few hidden secrets to unlock a flavoursome flavour, like no other. It's a fresh with a hint of spice and extremely fast and easy. This is something I made up when cooking, so there aren't really any restrictions or measurements, it's a 'fun' meal ti make and easy to play with
- Prawns (I used pre cooked Tesco's own)
- Chorizo (already chopped, Tesco again)
- Garlic (3)
- Salt & Pepper
- Soy Sauce (Optional but adds flavour - around 1 TBLSP)
- Tin of Tomatoes
- Vegetable stocks (2)
- Fresh lemon (to taste) (optional)
- Some veg (I added small baby corns, broccoli 1 pepper, and green beans)
- 1 onion
- Olive oil for pan
- Rice (Basmati, doesn't matter which brand)
- BBQ Sticky Chicken (sachet from Tesco), or Cajun spice seasoning
- STEP 1Boil water, add rice (to amount of people eating), allow to cook.
- STEP 2Put oil in a pot and allow to heat (medium to hot), add chopped onions until soft, then add broccoli, baby corns, pepper, green beans, garlic and salt & pepper allow to cook for a while longer. Mean while begin chopping your chorizo.
- STEP 3Add a tin of tomatoes to the oil pot (with vegetables in), followed by your prawns, chopped chorizo and vegetable stock cubes. Continue cooking and stirring until it simmers, (around 5 minutes).
- STEP 4Check on your rice, if its fluffy (larger) and soft (taste it if you're not sure), drain it in a colander, put the colander in the pot the rice was boiled in and place a towel over the rice (this allows it to become softer and rise slightly)
- STEP 5Whilst allowing the rice to rise, add the fresh lemon, soy sauce and a BBQ sticky chicken (or cajun) seasoning - I bought this in a packed from Tesco. Mix thoroughly