Banana and chocolate chip loaf / cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
So easy, delicious and a good way to use ripe bananas!
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp milk
- 50g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- STEP 1Preheat the oven 160C. Grease and line a 450g/1lb loaf or cake tin with baking paper.
- STEP 2Use a fork to mash the banana. Add the rest of the cake ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and beat until smooth.
- STEP 3Mix in the choc chips and put the mixture into the tin.
- STEP 4Bake for 40-45 minutes until well risen and gold-brown.