Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
HEART HEALTHY CHICKPEA, LENTIL & TOMATO SOUP
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a "Heart Healthy" recipe which serves 4 people. Flavoured only with black pepper, herbs and spices. Very quick and easy to prepare and cook!
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 5ozs.Red Lentils
- 1 large tin of Chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- 1 tin (14 ozs) chopped tomatoes.
- 750 mls. Veg Stock(home made or using 2 low salt stock cubes)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground tumeric
- Black Pepper
- Low calorie Olive Oil Spray
- STEP 1In a large saucepan gently sauté the onion in a little olive oil spray until softened.
- STEP 2Add the lentils, spices, chickpeas, tomato and stock. Stir, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- STEP 3Remove Two large ladles of the thick soup and set aside.
- STEP 4Blend the rest with a stick blender until pureed, then add the 2 retained ladles and reheat until piping hot!
- STEP 5Season with lots of ground black pepper and add more stock/water if you like a more dilute soup. Finally, top with fresh chopped coriander and serve with crusty bread!