Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
chocolate sponge cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- About 15 mins cooling time
- Makes Cakes
its simply spongy and delicious
- 60g coco powder
- 6 tbsp boiling water
- 3 free range eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- 100g soft butter
- 300g caster sugar
For the icing:
- 150g chocolate broken into small pieces
- 150ml double cream
- icing sugar (to dust)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180c then grease and line 2 cake tins.
- STEP 2mix the coco powder and the water until it forms a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until wll combined.
- STEP 3divide the mixture between the 2 cake tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and shrinking away from the sides.
- STEP 4Put chocolate and cream together in a bowl and stand over a pan of boiling water until melted. Set aside and leave until cool and almost set.
- STEP 5put the icing all over your cakes and dust icing sugar.