Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roast veg, halloumi & chorizo
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
One pan glory is perfect for cold winter nights
- 1 large sweet potato â peeled
- 1 large normal potato â red ideally - peeled
- 1 red onion (but white will do)
- 2 peppers (red and yellow are best â I hate green ones â too bitter)
- 8 cloves of garlic (do not peel)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g halloumi cheese â thinly sliced
- 100g chorizo â (sliced about a pound coin thick)
- black pepper
- STEP 1Heat oven to 200c. Cut the sweet potato into 4cm cubes and the normal potato and peppers into slightly smaller chunks â about 2 1/2cm. Chop the red onion into 8 segments and separate the garlic cloves. Put everything in to the ovenproof dish and coat with the oil. Season with black pepper (no salt needed because halloumi is salty enough). Cook for 45 minutes until the vegetables are soft, sweet and lightly-charred. Then place the cheese and chorizo over the vegetables and whack the oven up to 220c and cook for 10 more minutes until the halloumi is charred too.