Basic Flapjack Recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5 minutes to cool
- Makes 8 squares
- 100g butter
- 75g golden syrup
- 200g oats
- 50g caster sugar
- Dried fruit or chocolate (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven 200C/ Gas mark 6. Make sure you line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- STEP 2In a saucepan, put sugar, butter and syrup and heat gently until it is melted.
- STEP 3Place the ingridents in a bowl and mix.
- STEP 4Put onto the tray and cook for 10-15 minutes. The remove from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.