Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
Member recipe by andyboo23
If you like a pasta dish that is meaty, a little spicy and bursting with flavour then this will be the pasta dish for you!
- 300g of chicken breast, diced
- 250g of chorizo ring, chopped
- Fresh dill, large handful chopped
- 1 carton of passata
- Olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Mixed Italian herbs, 2 tbsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- 4 gloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- Salt to season
- Pepper to season
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Fusili Pasta, 3oz per person
- Serving Suggestions:
- Grated cheddar
- Garlic bread or ciabatta
- Side salad
- Add 1 tbsp of olive into a large frying pan or wok and cook the chicken on a medium heat until sealed. Then add the chorizo, onion and chilli then cook until the onion is soft. Add the full carton of pasatta along with the mixed herbs, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and dill then stir thoroughly and cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat stirring occasionally.
- For the pasta, fill a pan 3 quarters full of water and add a tsp of salt. Once the water is boiling, add 3oz of pasta per person and cook for 10 minutes. 5 minutes before the sauce is cooked, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and stir in.
- Once everything is cooked, drain the pasta and add this to the sauce and stir until the pasta is fully coated and evenly mixed. Serve immediately with some of the recommended serving options or without depending on preference.