Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Member recipe by kappelmc
A unique strawberry pudding. This is sure to please adults and kids alike during afternoon teas in the spring and early summer when strawberries are fresh and in season.
- For the cake
- 200 g fresh strawberries, chopped
- 150 g plain yogurt
- 600 g self-rising flour
- 300 g white sugar
- 100 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- For the icing
- 500 g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5.
- Chop the fresh strawberries and put in a large mug. Add the plain yogurt and mix by hand with a fork or spoon until the strawberries are crushed and the yogurt turns red.
- In a separate large baking bowl, beat the egg.
- Add the yogurt mixture, sugar and oil to the egg. Mix well. Add the flour.
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing by mixing all of the ingredients together. Play around with the butter to icing sugar ration depending on how buttery you want the icing to be. Stir in the 3 chopped strawberries to dye the icing pink.
- Ice the cake when it is cooled.