Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Raspberry Jam Tarts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 jam tarts
A delicious homemade pastry with a dollop of raspberry jam!
- 200g plain flour
- 50g sugar
- 110g butter (diced)
- 2-3tbsp cold water
- 150g-200g raspberry jam
- STEP 1First, preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a 12-dip tart tin.
- STEP 2Sift flour and sugar into the bowl and rub diced butter into the flour until it forms breadcrumbs.
- STEP 3Gradually add the water until the mixture binds together.
- STEP 4Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface and kneed lightly until a smooth round ball.
- STEP 5Then, place the pastry on a tray, cover with cling film and place in the fridge.
- STEP 6Chill for 15-20 minutes and then roll out onto a lightly floured surface until about 1/2cm in thickness.
- STEP 7Cut with a pastry cutter (7.5cm in diameter [medium sized]) and place into the pastry tins.
- STEP 8'Blinds Bake' for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven adding a teaspoon of raspberry jam in each tart.
- STEP 9Place back in the oven at the same temperature for 15-20 minutes or until golden on the rims of the pastry tart base.
- STEP 10Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.