- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16
Thick fluffy Blueberry pancakes, a delicious and quick breakfast treat!
- 400g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 600ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 250/300g fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- sunflower oil or butter for cooking
- Maple/golden syrup or honey to serve
- STEP 1In a large bowl combine the the dry ingredients - flour, salt and baking powder, and then make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and sugar, and then pour into the dry ingredients and gently whisk (you might need a spatula to scrape the flour off the sides).
- STEP 2Once all the dry ingredients have been incorporated and you have a smooth batter, stop whisking and mix in the melted butter and vanilla essence (optional). (At this point you have a pancake mix, you can have it as it is or add the fruit or perhaps even chocolate chips etc). Fold in the blueberries using a spatula. Leave the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Brush a non-stick frying pan with the oil/butter, removing any excess, and allow this to heat. Using a small ladle, pour the mixture into the pan and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until small bubbles form at the surface, at this point flip the pancake and allow the other side to also cook until golden brown. (Depending on the size of the pan you may be able to cook more than one pancake at a time).
- STEP 4Stack as many pancakes as you wish and drizzle with the syrup/honey of your choosing (although my fav would be the golden syrup). And enjoy!