Member recipe by julian1964
- 8oz/225g Plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 Eggs ( Free Range )
- 1/2 Pint of semi skimmed milk (for best results)
- Salt & Pepper
- 50ml/2fl oz water
- oil or beef/goose fat, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and eggs and beat with a fork to combine.
- Mix the milk and water in a jug, then gradually add to the flour and egg mixture, stirring constantly, to create a smooth and creamy batter.
- Leave the batter to stand for ten minutes.(Or for best results leave over nigh in a fridge)
- Pour two tablespoons of oil or beef/goose fat into each of the cups of a muffin tray. Place the muffin tray into the hot oven and leave for 5-10 minutes, until the fat is smoking hot.(Do not overfill with oil)
- Carefully remove the muffin tray from the oven. Pour approximately 30ml/1fl oz of batter into each muffin cup, then carefully return to the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes, until risen and golden-brown. Resist the urge to open the oven and check on the puddings for at least ten minutes, as this will hamper their progress.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the roast of your choice.