- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Biscuits
Sand biscuits, a traditional Norwegian recipe that we use mainly around christmas times. If you happen to not have any holiday associations with these though, why wait until December?!
- 200 g butter
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 100 g sugar
- Alomonds to decorate
- STEP 1Crumble the butter in with the flour, and then add the rest of the ingredients. Work with it until you have a nice dough, shape it into a ball and leave it in the fridge to cool for at least an hour.
- STEP 2Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
- STEP 3IF you have the biscuit tins required, use them to put the dough in and press it around so that you end up with a 3-5 mm thick biscuit "bowl", if you don't have them - worry not! Just roll them into balls the size of a walnut, and optionally press and almond on top. Bake the biscuit tins for 10-15 minutes, and the biscuit balls for 15-20 minutes. The latter are thicker and therefore need a few more minutes in the oven to cook through.
- STEP 4About 110 calories each, enjoy!