Milk Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by jpriches
- 200 g (7 oz) Self Raising Flour
- 225 g (8 oz) caster sugar
- 1 x 2.5 ml spoon (½ tsp) salt
- 25 g (1 oz) cocoa powder, sieved
- 100 g (4 oz) margarine
- 2 medium eggs
- 5 x 15 ml spoon (5 tbsp) evaporated milk
- 5 x 15 ml spoon (5 tbsp) water
- few drops vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Grease 2 x 20.5 cm (8 inch) tins, not loose-bottomed as the mixture would run out.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and cocoa.
- Rub in margarine. Beat eggs with milk.
- Stir egg mixture, essence and liquids into the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Place mixture in prepared tins and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- When cold sandwich and top with Milk Chocolate Icing (see above).