Penne with chorizo and prawns
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 45ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300g chorizo, sliced in rings.
- 24 prawns, deveined and cleaned
- 1 handful oregano, chopped
- 250ml cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g penne-pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Gently cook the onions and the garlic until starting to brown. Add the chorizo to the pan for about 5 minutes. Add the oregano and prawns, cooking for another 5 minutes, or until prawns start turning golden-brown.
- Add the cream to the pan. Lower the heat and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the cream sauce thickens. Flavour well with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and stir it into the warm sauce.
- Serve immediately.