Brown Rice Burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 30 minutes waiting period.
- Serves 4
Best mince burgers I've ever had!
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 300g mince
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Himilayan salt (you can replace this with plain sea salt) and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole-grain buns
- tomato slices and leaves of choice
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C. Spread butter in a baking tray. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- STEP 2Mix cooked rice with all the other ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Form 4 patties and bake for 20 minutes in the oven. Do not turn the patties! After 20 minutes switch on the oven grill for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the patties are golden-brown and cooked through.
- STEP 4Serve on the buns with salad leaves and a slice of tomato.