Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Paleo Chocolate Brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8
These brownies are a healthier version in comparison to your average brownie. Instead of being laden with sugary chocolate, I've used raw cacao nibs instead, adding an antioxidant boost while still providing a great chocolaty taste.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil/butter (omit butter for strict Paleo)
- 1 tbsp of cacao nibs
- a sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essense
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of bread soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- STEP 1First, mash ripe bananas on a plate. In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- STEP 2In another bowl, combine the melted butter/coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla essence and coconut milk. Add the mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- STEP 3Now, add the dry ingredients and the cocao nibs to the above mixture and again...mix thoroughly. If you think the mixture is too dry, add some extra coconut oil/butter/milk.
- STEP 4Place all your ingredients into your prepared dish/tray and smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.