Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Several hours' freezing time
- Serves 6
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 ounces caster sugar (fine sugar)
- 4 -6 ounces left-over christmas plum pudding (more if you prefer)
- 2 -3 tablespoons rum (brandy or orange liqueur)
- 300 ml double cream
- STEP 1Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and pale.
- STEP 2Break up the Christmas pudding with a fork and distribute it evenly through the yolk mixture.
- STEP 3Add the rum and mix.
- STEP 4Whip the cream until soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
- STEP 5Transfer to a container and freeze for several hours until set.
- STEP 6This ice cream does not require beating during freezing.