Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pea and Bean Salad with soft boiled eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A perfect summer lunch (225kcals)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 free range eggs
- 280g runner beans, sliced diagonally
- 250g round beans, trimmed
- 500g peas, shelled
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 large green chilli, deseeded an dfinely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 25g Parma ham
- STEP 1Put the sliced shallots into a bowl with half the lemon juice and set in the aside.
- STEP 2Cook the eggs in a small pan of boiling water for 8 mins, then peel and halve.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, cook the beans and peas in a separate pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and cool under running water, then place in a large bowl. Add the mint, chilli, remaining lemon juice (and olive oil) and toss well together.
- STEP 4Heat a large non-stick frying pan and cook the Parma ham for 1-2 mins on each side until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- STEP 5Divide the dressed beans and peas between 4 serving plates. Top each with the shallots and boiled eggs. Crumble the Parma ham into small pieces, scatter over and serve.