Chicken Breast Diane
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
A twist on an American classic but just as tasty.
- 4 x 150g chicken breast, skinless
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 300ml Port or Madeira
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100g creme fraiche
- STEP 1Put some clingfilm on your work surface and place the chicken breasts on top, spaced apart. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with another piece of clingfilm. Bash the chicken until approx 1cm thick.
- STEP 2Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Carefully lower in the chicken breasts into the pan and cook for about 3 mins on each side, until they are completely cooked through.
- STEP 3Once cooked, take the chicken breasts out of the pan, transfer them to a separate plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- STEP 4Add the remaining tbsp of oil to the pan, add the shallots, mushrooms and thyme and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring regularly, until wilted.
- STEP 5Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- STEP 6Turn up the pan to a high heat, add the alcohol and allow it to bubble for 2-3 mins. Add the mustard, and creme fraiche and simmer for another minute.
- STEP 7Season to taste and add the chicken breasts to heat through for 1-2 mins. Serve!