Rice crispies and mixed nut balls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Rice crispies and mixed nut balls serve as a healthy breakfast or a snack to relish during mid-day. This is a power-packed nutritious delight.
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice crispies
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 cup Almond powder
- 1/4 cup Dried chopped mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine
- STEP 11.Add the marshmallows milk and water in a microwaveable bowl and MW for 1 min in high. The mash mallow melts. Stir well and MW again for 2 mins. The marshmallows should have melted by this time now to a softened jelly form.
- STEP 22.Grind coarsely the rice crispies and add the rice crispies, honey, almond powder to the softened marshmallow and mix well. When the mixture is lukewarm make balls with the mixture
- STEP 33.Place the butter in a bowl and MW for 2 mins in high and to the melted butter add the chocolate chips and stir well, you get a silky soft melted chocolate.
- STEP 44.Now coat the rice crispy balls with melted chocolate and sprinkle the chopped dried nuts over and keep it in fridge for an hour.
- STEP 55.Rice crispy balls are ready to serve now.
- STEP 66.This can be stored in a cool place for a month.
- STEP 77.Depending upon your microwave the time varies* this can be done without the microwave too by using the ordinary stove