Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Smokey Lentil & Veg Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Packed full of chunky vegetables and lentils, this soup is a low fat tummy filler. Great for lunch or dinner.
- 1 brown onion
- A handful of sugar snap peas
- A handful of green beans
- 1 large carrot
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 pieces of smokey bacon with fat removed
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp crushed chillis
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g red lentils
- 1tbsp oil
- STEP 1Dice the onion and place into a pan with the oil. Cook for a couple of minutes on medium heat then add the bacon until it is slightly crispy and onions are soft but not brown.
- STEP 2Chop the carrot, sugar snap peas, beans and sweet potato into small chunks and add to the pan with the paprika and stir until well mixed.
- STEP 3Add the vegetable stock and the crushed chillies and stir well. keep on medium heat.
- STEP 4Rinse the lentils with warm water and add to the pan. Stir well and leave to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Keep checking the soup until the lentils and veg are cooked and the soup is to your preferred level of thickness