Egg Bacon & Potato Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
A tasty winter warmer - serves 2 - 3 people depending on your appetite!
- 1lb cooked potatoes, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced and lightly fried
- 6 rashers bacon, chopped and fried
- 1oz butter
- 1oz plain flour
- 1 beef stock cube dissolved in half a pint of boiling water
- Qtr pint of milk
- 5oz grated cheese
- 1 - 2 oz breadcrumbs
- STEP 1Arrange the potatoes, eggs, onion and bacon in layers in an ovenproof dish.
- STEP 2Melt the butter, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, gradually stir in the stock and the milk. Return to the boil, stirring, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, season as required and add 4oz of the cheese, stirring to mix.
- STEP 3Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the ovenproof dish. Mix the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs, and sprinkle over the top.
- STEP 4Bake at Gas Mk 6 (200 C) for about 25 minutes, or the top is until golden brown.