Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Easter Nests
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Portions
A heather yet fun way of getting a very good source of whole wheat into your childs diet
- 8 Shredded wheat biscuits
- 300g good quality plain chocolate
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 120g tube candy-coated chocolate eggs
- STEP 1using clean hands, break up the shedded wheat into a large bowl.
- STEP 2Break the chocolate into squares and place in a heatproof bowl with the syrup and butter. Melt over a pan of simmering water until smooth and glossy.
- STEP 3Pour over the shredded wheat and mix wellso they are all coated in the chocolate mixture.
- STEP 4spoon the mixture into individual cake cases, leaving a small well in the centre of each one.
- STEP 5Finally gently press 3 candy eggs into the well, chill until firm and enjoy