Malteser & Madagascan Vanilla Cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Refrigerate for 3 Hours
- Serves 12
My deliciously Moorish Cheesecake. Perfect comfort food, and a great end to a family meal or Dinner Party.
- 250g Choc Chip Cookies
- 118g Unsalted Butter
- 450g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 700ml Double Cream
- 300g Maltesers
- 4 tsps Madagascan Vanilla Extract with Seeds
- STEP 1Line the base of a 10" Round Springform Tin with Parchment Paper. Start melting the butter over a low heat. Crush the Cookies in a large mixing bowl, then add the melted butter. Mix into the Crushed Cookies until mixture is Dark Brown. Press mixture firmly into the base of the tin. Refrigerate for 30 Minutes.
- STEP 2Gently mix the Cream Cheese, Vanilla, and Caster sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Whip the Double cream until thick, then add to the Cream Cheese mixture. Roughly crush half of the Maltesers into the mixture and gently fold everything together. Remove tin from the fridge and spoon mixture onto the Cookie base. Make sure the mixture is pushed into the sides of the tin. Take the remaining Maltesers, crush them, and sprinkle onto the top of the Cheesecake.
- STEP 3Return Cheesecake to the fridge, and leave it to set for 3 hours.
- STEP 4Before serving, use a chefs blow torch to apply gentle heat around the outside of the tin. This will allow the tin to slide away from the Cheesecake easily. Enjoy either on it's own, or with a drizzle of Canadian Maple Syrup.