Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pork Meat Balls Swedish Style
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- Pork Mince
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 250ml Passata
- Hard Cheese (Gruyere, Cheddar, Emmental
- STEP 1For the meatballs, place one tablespoon of the oil into a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- STEP 2Add the oregano, celery salt and cumin and stir well. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- STEP 3Place the mince into a large bowl. Add the cooked spiced onions, egg yolk, flour and mustard.
- STEP 4Mix together well with floured hands and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 5Dust a chopping board with flour. Roll the mince mixture into small walnut-sized balls.
- STEP 6Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large pan. Add the meatballs and fry over a moderate heat for five minutes, turning over to brown evenly.
- STEP 7Carefully cut open one meatball to check they are cooked through - the meat should be brown, not pink, all the way to the middle.
- STEP 8Remove the meatballs from the pan, place onto a serving dish and keep warm.
- STEP 9To make the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the crushed garlic and fry for 1 minute to soften.
- STEP 10Add the passata into the saucepan, increase the heat and bring to boil. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 11To serve, spoon the sauce over the meatballs and finish with grated cheese of your choice.