Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cookie Monster Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 1 hour chilling
- Makes Cookies
The Original Sugar Cookie Recipe from the Cookie Monster as found in the Sesame Street Annuals from the 1970s!
- 300g Plain Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar (although I prefer to use a dark brown sugar)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 170g Salted Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 200g Chocolate Chips (or another ingredient of your choice - not found in the original recipe but I like to add them)
- STEP 1Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- STEP 2Beat eggs into the mixture a little at a time, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- STEP 3Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture. Finally, add the chocolate chips or your own choice of ingredient if you are doing so.
- STEP 4Put dough into the fridge to cool for at least one hour
- STEP 5When chilled and firmer in texture, take the dough from the fridge and roll out, cut into rounds with a cookie cutter.
- STEP 6Place the cookies on a well greased baking sheet and bake in the oven at 200C for 6-8 minutes.