Prawn Cake for kids / Minced Prawn Fry for kids
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 7 small sized cakes
My daughter is not a big fan of fish but fish is very very good for health espcially for kids. So, I thought of mincing prawn and pan frying it. I am glad I tried because she did eat 1.5 tiny pieces. Hopefully she will slowly start liking it. I plan to do the same with any other kind of fish as well. Please do try it for your kids. Thank you.
- Prawn - 3 medium to big size
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Minced Green Chilly - 1/4 tsp
- Cheese - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro (chopped) - 1 tsp
- Rice Powder - 1tsp (for coating)
- Salt (to taste)
- STEP 1Use a blender and mince all the ingredients (prawn, cheese, green chilly, turmeric and ginger garlic) except for lemon juice, rice powder, salt and cilantro.
- STEP 2Add lemon juice, rice powder, cilantro and salt to the minced mixture.
- STEP 3Gently mix with your fingers. Fish cake batter is ready for frying/baking.
- STEP 4For pan frying, heat little oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- STEP 5Make small patty of the fish cake batter and fry on both sides till it cooks well.
- STEP 6Serve hot and enjoy! The pictorial representation of each cooking step is in my blog. Please visit: http://thedesaka1.blogspot.ca/2014/11/prawn-cake-for-kids-minced-prawn-fry.html