Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Warming chicken and apple curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
A fruity and flavoursome curry thats both sweet and spicy.
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 red onions
- 2 peeled red apples - chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 jar sharwoods mango chutney
- 300ml Chicken stock
- 300ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons hot curry powder
- Rice to serve
- 3 tablespoons oil
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a pan. Dice the onions and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic to the pan.
- STEP 2Chop the chicken into 1inch chunks and add to the pan with the apples. Cook on a medium heat until the chicken has sealed.
- STEP 3Pour in the mango chutney and chicken stock, and add the curry powder. Leave on a low heat for at least 30minutes.
- STEP 4Temper the milk by using some of the curry liquid to warm the milk. Remove the curry from the heat, add the milk and then bring the pan back to a low temperature. Cook for another 10minutes.
- STEP 5If the sauce is looking a little thin add a teaspoon of cornflour and cook gently for another 3 minutes to allow to thicken.
- STEP 6Serve with warm naan bread and rice.