Stir Fried Cabbage
Member recipe by MrsThorn
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Remove and discard the outer leaves from the cabbage and cut the leaves into large pieces.
- Pound the garlic in a mortar and pestle with a large pinch of salt until coarsely ground.
- Heat a wok until very hot, add a generous amount of olive oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Add the garlic to the wok, then immediately add the cabbage and stir-fry, moving the wok contents constantly to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Cook, adding extra oil as necessary, over high heat until the cabbage is warmed through and still crunchy.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and sprinkle generously with freshly ground black pepper.