Moroccan Style Mince with Cous-Cous & a lot of spice!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A Moroccan style dish with succulent mince meat in a bed of vegetables, spices and chillies. Served with Cous-Cous, yoghurt and mint and toasted warm cashews.
- Lean mince meat
- Tinned tomatoes
- One whole red chilli
- BBQ seasoning
- All purpose seasoning
- Natural yoghurt
- Chilli sauce
- Mint (fresh)
- STEP 1Cook your mince, drain the fat and add the chopped onions, peppers, 3/4 of the chilli, a heaped tablespoon of both seasonings and two tablespoons of chilli sauce. Add water if it's too chunky. Cook for half an hour.
- STEP 2Cook your Cous-Cous and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook when you are almost ready to serve. Chop fresh mint thinly and add to Cous-Cous.
- STEP 3Serve the Cous-Cous with a dollop of fresh yoghurt -toast the cashew nuts whilst the mince is bubbling.
- STEP 4Serve hot with diced chilli pieces on the cous-Cous. Enjoy with a slice of lemon for flavour.