Southern Style - Chorizo & Prawn Chili Pilaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
A Spanish classic with a bit of heat
- 1 x Large Onion ( Finely Chopped)
- 4 x Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1 small red & / Or 1 small green chili (Chopped)
- 250 gram of cooking Chorizo (Chopped)
- 250 gram Raw King Prawns
- 400 gram tin of chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml of Chicken or Vegatable stock
- 1 lemon (Zest peeled into strips) remainder for wedges to serve
- 1 cup (UK mean Cup) of Basmalti Rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Handful of Chopped Coriander
- Handful of Chopped Parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- STEP 1Heat a Little oil in a deep sided pan or skillet, then gently soften the onions. After a few minutes add the chopped garlic. Push to side of Pan and add the Chorizo until juices start to flow. Then add the raw prawns and gently fry until pink.
- STEP 2Then add the Chili, the Lemon Zest, the Tomatoes, Paprika, Chopped Coriander and Cayenne Pepper. Mix well together. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- STEP 3Add the Rice and most of the stock, then add the Bay Leaves and leave to simmer for 10 minutes or so (until the rice is cooked) top up with more stock if needed.
- STEP 4When rice is cooked, add the chopped parsley and cover the pan with a thick tea towel for 10 minutes to allow the rice to expand a bit. Server in a bowl, with lemon wedges for extra bite.