Maize Tagliatelle and Fresh Tomato Sauce with Prawns
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a nice and fresh dish for a midweek treat.
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin oilive oil
- 1 Large Garlic clove - chopped
- 4 Fresh Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Frozen red chilli
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- 800 g large vine tomatoes (chopped)
- 500 G gluten / wheat free tagliatelle
- 350 g Frozen Jumbo raw peeled king prawns
- 25g flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- STEP 1Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add a tbsp of olive oil. In a large wok or saucepan add 2 tbsp of olive, garlic, bay leaves and chilli - saute for 1 minute on a low heat. The crumble in the stock cube and add the chopped tomatoes. Leave this to cook on a low heat.
- STEP 2Cook the pasta in the boiling water - cook for 7-8 minutes only. Add the prawns to the tomatoes after 5 minutes and cook until pink.
- STEP 3Remove the tomotoe / prawns from the heat and add the parsley / black pepper and some more olive oil. Drain the pasta and add it to the tomatoes and mix it all up and serve.