Risotto w/ mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Yummiest comfort food you can find!
- olive oil
- 1 shallot (or onion), chopped
- 1 cup "risotto rice" (short grain rice, e.g. Carnaroli, Arborio, Padano, etc.)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups mushroom stock, hot!
- 2 oz butter
- 1/4 cup Parmegiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- black pepper
- 250g (wild) mushrooms, whole and/or sliced (coarsely or finely, anything goes)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- A dash of truffle oil to the mushrooms/garlic mix.
- STEP 1Sweat the chopped shallot in olive oil.
- STEP 2When they soften add the rice, and toast until translucent while stirring regularly.
- STEP 3Add a glass of white wine (room temperature), and stir continuously.
- STEP 4When the wine is almost absorbed, stir in the stock, 1 ladle at the time.
- STEP 5When the stock is almost absorbed add the next ladle, and repeat this until the rice is "al dente".
- STEP 6(In total 3-4 ladles are needed.)
- STEP 7In the meantime sauté the wild mushrooms with a pinch of salt.
- STEP 8After a few minutes add the cayenne pepper and a little later the garlic.
- STEP 9Optional: add a dash of truffle oil.
- STEP 10When the rice is 'al dente' stir in (part of) the sliced mushrooms.
- STEP 11Turn off the heat to add the butter and the cheese.
- STEP 12Let it sit for a minute and then stir in well.
- STEP 13Serve on a plate, with (part of) the mushrooms separately, or on top of the risotto (leave a few smaller ones whole).
- STEP 14Goes wonderful with e.g. salmon and asparagus. And a glass of wine of course!