Smoked Pork sausage pasta bake.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Aprox 15min in oven
- More effort
- Serves 4
Can be cooked in advance and divided into 2 dishes and frozen.
- 8 Smoked pork sausages
- 155g pack of smoked bacon lardons
- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200g of button mushrooms
- 400g tin of butter beans drained.
- 400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml Chichken stock
- 2 tbs Tomato purée
- 250g Penne pasta
- 1/2 tsp of Oregano, Basil & sugar
- Season with Black pepper only.
- 1 tbs of Balsamic vinegar
- Grated Cheddar cheese. and Paprika
- STEP 1Chop the onion celery & garlic and cook until soft in a large deep frying pan.
- STEP 2Chop the sausage and along with the lardons and herbs add to the pan and cook for approx 20 min.
- STEP 3Then add the tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar and sugar and cook for a further 15 min. Then add the mushrooms and cook on a low heat stirring occasionally for aprox 45min. Then add the beans at the last 10 min just to warm through.
- STEP 4Cook the pasta in a Seperate pan, drain off and add to the sausage dish. Then tranfer to deep gratin dish. Then to finish sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and sprinkle the Paprika. Then place in a hot oven until the cheese has melted and the dish has Warmed through.