Chicken Chorizo and Rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
This recipe is ideal for a dinner party, as it looks nice when presented in a shallow dish and you can just help yourselves.
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Chorizo Sausage
- 1 large Red Onion
- 1 Large Courgette
- 1 Red, 1 Green Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 500grams / 18oz of Basmati rice
- 400mls / 3/4 Pint of Chicken stock, i.e. 1 cube
- 1 tspn Turmeric
- 1 tspn Chilli flakes
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Mange-tout & Baby sweet corn. "Optional"
- STEP 1Olive oil and season the Chicken thighs. then seal the pieces in a hot pan, then transfer to a oven proof dish and cook in the oven for approx 30min at 180c or until just cooked. Remove and cover with foil.
- STEP 2Coarsely chop all the vegetables, Chorizo sausage and Garlic. Except the Mange-tout and add them to a lidded casserole dish and coat them with olive oil, season with salt & pepper. But not the courgettes as these do not need as much cooking. Place in a 180c oven for appox 30min.
- STEP 3Then add the rice and courgettes to the vegetables with the chicken stock turmeric and chilli flakes. Mix in so the rice is covered then return to the oven for a further 30min or until the rice as absorbed all of the stock.
- STEP 4For the last 15min of cooking return the chicken thighs on the top of the dish. When cooked transfer to a warm shallow serving dish and place the chicken pieces on the top.