Chicken and mushroom rice
Member recipe by jdeclerc
Delicious dish of chicken with classic mushroom rice. Based on the recipe 'Mushroom and brown basmati pilaf' by Olive Magazine Weightwatchers points : 6
- 2 chicken breasts (each 160 gr raw)
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 120 gr dried basmati rice
- 500 gr chestnut mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- few basil leaves
- few flat parsley leaves
- few chives
- Fry the chopped red onion with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once the onion is glazed add the sliced mushrooms.
- When mushrooms are soft add the uncooked rice and the chicken stock. Season with the chopped basil and parsley leaves. Leave to simmer until all stock is reduced.
- While the rice is left to reduce fry the chicken breasts. Season with paprika and curry powder.
- Once the rice is reduced and the chicken breasts are cooked, add some chopped chives to the rice.
- Ready to serve.