MasterChef's Sausage McMuffin
Member recipe by jchany
McDonalds nah to un healthy but if you liked there McMuffin then have no fear you can still eat it with this tasty recipe
- For the sausage patties
- 400g of minced pork
- 2 pork sausages, skinned
- half an onion
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper, if liked
- To serve
- 4 english muffins
- 4 eggs
- tomato ketchup
- 4 slices of ready sliced cheese
- Chop up the onion, unskin the sausages if you have not already done so. Put the mince, sausage meat, egg yolk, chopped onion and salt and pepper (if liked) into a bowl and mix together well.
- Split the patties into 4 evenly sized pieces. Flatten them slightly so they are the size of the muffin.
- Now turn on the grill and heat it and then grill the patties on each size for about 5-10 minuetes.
- While it is grilling fry or scramble the eggs until cooked.
- Once everything is cooked, slice the muffins in half. Put the pattie on the bottom slice. Top with the cheese and then the egg and finally the ketchup. Repeat until all 4 muffins have patties in them.